Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

New Blood

Today I drove up to Ft. Collins and met one of the local budgie breeders I've been exchanging e-mails with.  It was good to meet someone with years of budgie knowledge whom I am able to use as an additional resource for my breeding program!  Originally we had arranged the sale of a single English budgie hen today, but when I arrived she said she had evaluated her flock and in an effort to help other responsible breeders get started, she was willing to sell me additional birds!  So I walked out with two new English hens and a new English cock.

Meet Id, an English, normal grey cock:




Erie (left - normal grey hen) and Electra (right - sky blue cinnamon hen):

That's an American budgie sitting there in between Erie and Electra in the above picture.  It provides a sense of scale to demonstrate the size of the English budgies if you've not seen them in person.  They really are big birds!  And when they fly, you hear this WHOMP WHOMP WHOMP from their wings... it's not a dainty flutter like the little American budgies have! 


This is Electra from the front and the same sky blue American

 

I'm really excited to add these birds to my flock.  I think they'll add a whole new level of quality to the birds I breed.  If they knew how important their roles are, they'd probably look even more proud than they already do!

No comments:

Post a Comment