Pages

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Bouncing baby... Chicks!

Today I finally procured a mini-maglight to use when candling eggs.  Using a smaller light makes it easier to get the light right up next to the shell so you can see in.  It's amazing the difference the right light can make!

As soon as I got home with my light, I went right up to the budgie room and pulled the drapes.  It wasn't nearly as scary picking up the egg this time, in fact, I didn't even pick it up.  I just held the light to the egg while it was still in the nest, turning it a little bit if necessary to get a clear view.  This way I was able to see that four of my five eggs appear to be fertile!  And even more exciting, I could see the little chicklettes moving around inside two of the eggs!  Next to my own pregnancy, seeing that was one of the most cool things I've ever experienced.  I just can't believe that it's going to get better!

No comments:

Post a Comment