Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Hatch Announcement

Ricky and Lucy Budgy 
are pleased to announce the hatching 
of their first two chicks!

Jan 16 and Jan 17
2012

Both babies are bald and beautiful.
Mommy and Daddy couldn't be more proud. 

Lucy is spending most of her time tending to her babies and her remaining eggs, so it's rare that she is seen outside of the nesting box.  When I've peeked in however, I've been able to see the two new chicks as well as the egg that is next to hatch (the chick inside is already pipping).  When I check the box later this evening I'll try and get a picture if I can.

=========================================================================

On another note, when I went in to feed this morning I found young Dasher out of the nestbox strolling around the cage!  That was quite a surprise!  Not sure if that was acceptable behavior, I picked him up and plopped him back in with his sibling.  He seemed happy to be back.


No comments:

Post a Comment